Job ID: 1232740 | Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Amazon Fulfillment is seeking a full-time WHS Specialist (WHSS) to serve as a designated for their assigned fulfillment center (FC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Amazon Global Program as directed by the leadership. The WHSS promotes a positive culture while complying with Amazon standards and maintaining a safe work environment. This includes conducting trainings and coaching associates on observed work habits.
The WHSS is required to maintain accurate, weekly, and monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems. The WHSS supports management’s efforts to ensure compliance with all corporate Program expectations and applicable federal & state laws. The WHSS also conducts assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. In addition, the WHSS is responsible for recommending appropriate mitigation measures to management, including ergonomics.
*Relocation assistance is not provided*
· Identify and inform management of compliance issues, risks, and improvement opportunities through the conduct of , weekly, and monthly audits
· Facilitate investigation process
· Maintain required paperwork to comply with Amazon and OSHA regulations
· Enter Information in internal database in a timely manner
· Perform observations & audits
· Train and assist others (Area Managers, team members, etc.) to complete their responsibilities (Audits, Follow Rules, etc.)
· Perform specific training as required by the Manager
· May have additional responsibility for fire prevention, hazardous waste management, or other related activities depending on the business unit and location
· Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Ability to communicate and needs to all levels of the organization
· Calm demeanor in situations
· Minimum of 1 years in an Environmental & (EHS) related field or bachelor’s degree in related field
· Knowledge of OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910
· Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel in a professional capacity · Experience maintaining confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues in the work place
· Available to work flexible shifts including days, nights and/or weekends
· Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a related field
· Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment, and customer focus skills
· Experience leading and managing a team Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential concerns and conduct job hazard and job analyses
· Experienced in response and currently holds and certificates Experience in Worker’s case management
· Passion for
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.