Job ID 00000240616Date posted 04/12/2021Location Everett, WashingtonCompany
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are seeking an Associate Health and Safety Specialist (Industrial Hygiene) (Level 2) to support our Everett Site, contributing to workplace safety activities. You will be supporting regulatory compliance, high hazard operations, and company safety goals. This position is located in Everett, Washington.
- Supports the planning, implementation and assessment of occupational health and safety programs and processes
- Conducts exposure monitoring and provides recommendations
- Drafts health and safety programs that provide consistent approaches to risk reduction and compliance
- Investigates safety & health incidents and complaints
- Contributes to the completion of specific project milestones
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Applies industrial hygiene techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts
- Supporting a variety of programs to include Commercial and Defense manufacturing
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree
- More than 1 year of experience in environmental, health, or safety (EHS)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Degree in the following disciplines: Industrial Hygiene, Exposure Sciences, Environmental Health, or Health and Safety Management
- More than 1 year of experience evaluating chemical or biological hazards in the work place
- More than 1 year of experience performing industrial hygiene work within a manufacturing environment
- Written and verbal communication skills
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master, 6 year’s related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.