Job ID 00000240640
Date posted 04/13/2021
Location Everett, Washington
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are seeking an Associate Occupational Health and Safety Specialist (Level 2) to support our Everett Site. You will contribute to workplace safety activities. This role involves regulatory compliance, high hazard operations, and our committed safety goals. This position is located in Everett, Washington.
- Supports the planning, implementation and assessment of occupational health and safety programs and processes
- Evaluates new and existing facilities, tools, and processes to identify potential ergonomic, safety, and health risks
- Performs safety and health audits to assure regulatory compliance and adherence to company requirements
- Drafts health and safety programs that provide consistent approaches to risk reduction and compliance
- Investigates safety and health incidents and complaints
- Supports diverse Boeing Commercial and Defense manufacturing programs
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- More than 1 year of experience performing occupational safety and/or industrial hygiene duties in an industrial environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree
- More than 1 year of experience performing industrial hygiene surveys such as noise monitoring, chemical exposure monitoring, and ventilation surveys
- Experience with ergonomic safety risks
- Written and verbal communication skills
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master, 6 year’s related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.