- WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary
- Competitive health and benefit plan
- Competitive matched retirement savings program
- The opportunity to join a continuously growing organization with focus on Diversity and Inclusion
- The opportunity to work with an industry leader in manufacturing
WHEN YOU JOIN US, YOU WILL BE.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day creation, implementation, and continuous improvement of Health & Safety programs. The Health & Safety Site Leader position provides technical and professional support services to operations and reports directly to the local Plant Manager and functionally to the Director of Health, Safety & Environment. This is an on the floor (high visibility / floor presence) position.
- Valued partner to Plant Manager and Superintendents in the effective execution of the plant Safety strategies to meet business goals.
- Implement safe working techniques and reinforce the safety policies, guidelines and procedures as set out by IKO and all regulatory agencies.
- Actively coaches’ peers, salaried and hourly employees on expected and acceptable safety behaviors and activities on the shop floor to improve and attain a goal of zero incidents.
- Anticipates, identifies, evaluates, and works to implement solutions to hazardous conditions and practices.
- Responsible for investigations of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness. Focal point for Corporate H&S, Environmental, and Loss Prevention Audits.
- PSM – local subject matter expert, support the development, review/update as needed JHA’s; SOP’s.
- Collaborates with Plant and Process Engineers to identify and track engineered safety solutions to eliminate unsafe conditions.
- Provides guidance to Plant leadership & Supervisors regarding incident reporting/investigation program to ensure company standards and processes are met.
- Reviews incidents to ensure Root Cause Analysis is completed to prevent reoccurrences and drive corrective actions through health checks.
- Evaluates, monitors, and approves the safe installation or modification of new or existing equipment including application of FLRA and JHA/JSA.
- Applies and uses hierarchy of controls to eliminate hazards and reduce risks in the facility or site.
- Maintain all logs and documentation associated with regulatory requirements.
- Monitors legislative changes then assesses and makes recommendations based on their potential impact to the business.
- Administer the local hearing conservation program per regulatory requirements and adherence to HIPAA’s Privacy Rule.
- In conjunction with Human Resources provides internal support for Workers’ Compensation cases and adherence to HIPAA’s Privacy Rule.
- Conducts new hire safety on-boarding for new employees.
- Maintain metrics in accordance with company requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Requires a minimum of a BA/BS degree in occupational safety, science, engineering or related discipline. Diploma or certificate program from a post-secondary accredited institution in environment, health, and safety plus 5 years of experience could be considered.
- Three to five years prior experience in a manufacturing setting working in a Health, Safety & Environmental Role
- Professional EHS certification desired
Skills and Competencies
- Proven Leadership skills in a manufacturing setting
- A team player who can lead by example and influence
- Sound, comprehensive knowledge of US occupational health, safety, and environmental regulations
- Detailed understanding of general industry standards and knowledge of basic health and safety concepts such as hazard & risk assessment, behavior-based safety, machine / equipment safety etc.
- The ability to chair meetings and presentations
- Above average communication skills to enable the transfer of clear and concise information at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to relentlessly follow up to achieve stated deadlines
- The ability to organize the workload and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Passion for results, strong work ethic and acts with a sense of urgency and purpose balanced with strategic and day-to-day operational intent
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to identify problems, resolve issues, mitigate risks, and initiate continuous improvements initiatives
- Possess the ability to handle multiple priorities and a wide variety of tasks to meet deadlines, all with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated leadership and management capabilities with the ability to make decisions under pressure in an environment of rapid change
- DOT Hazardous Waste Manifest/ RCRA
Diversity, Equal Opportunity and Accommodations:
IKO Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
IKO Industries Ltd. encourages and welcomes internal applications from employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for internal applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply directly at https://www.iko.com/na/career-opportunities/ or email resume to Caitlin.McDavid@IKO.com.