ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $5.1 billion and over 130,000 employees in 350+ offices throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions.
ABM is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager in either the greater Seattle or greater Portland areas to support or operations throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Click the link to apply: EHS Manager – PacNW
The Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Manager’s mission is to promote a strong safety culture and healthy work environment. As a subject matter expert, this is an integral position within the organization, developing and implementing safety programs, enforcing policies, conducting training, inspections, audits, and job safety analysis to ensure compliance with the ABM Safety Program, local, state, federal and various regulatory agencies. In conjunction with Operations and other stakeholders, this role is heavily engaged in efforts to reduce the number and severity of injuries as well as AL/GL claims. The EH&S Manager is also responsible for driving process improvements through statistical analysis of injury data to identify and address the root cause of injuries. The role is field focused, spending time at ABM client sites providing support to management, supervisors and employees, and working together with other stakeholders to promote safety initiatives with the goal of zero accidents and injuries.
- Support the execution of injury prevention efforts that focus on addressing unsafe behaviors and establishing safety as a core value within all ABM employees.
- Conduct regularly scheduled safety audits, risk assessments, inspections, training and meetings to determine the effectiveness of safety and accident prevention activities.
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state and local safety, health and environmental regulations, including and possess the ability to evaluate, document and report on compliance with policies, procedures, rules and regulations to ensure operational compliance.
- Support the creation of media to transfer knowledge of safe work practices, effective safety methods and processes, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Communicate with Operations regarding safety activities, safety initiatives, employee training, program and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Assist in the management of third-party safety verification organizations’ document and data requirements to ensure qualification for new account bids and continuation of existing accounts.
- Support the development and implementation of various data system to collect and report compliance status to management; providing technical support for implemented technologies to the field to assist in their adoption.
- Conduct accident investigations. Identify root causes and recommend corrective/preventive actions
- Maintain compliance with all OSHA Recordkeeping requirements.
- Lead regularly scheduled safety audits, risk assessments, inspections, training and meetings to determine the effectiveness of safety and accident prevention activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or EH&S related degree is preferred.
- Requires 3-5 years progressively responsible positions in the field of Safety and Risk Management.
- Ability to effectively support a large multi-site workforce.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with federal and state regulations pertaining to Health, Safety (OSHA),
- Working knowledge of Environmental, DOT and Public Health regulations.
- Ability to compile technical data and prepare technical and analytical reports and presentations.
- Ability to develop and conduct effective health, safety and environmental training programs and meetings.
- Skilled in project management, problem-solving techniques and communicating ideas and instructions clearly.
- Skilled in directing activities and operations of others, including activities involving hazardous situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Board of Certified Safety Professional certifications (CSP, ASP, OHST, SMS) are preferred.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred but not required
Pay: $75,000 – $90,000
- The pay listed is the salary range for this position. Any specific offer will vary based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
- You may be eligible to participate in a Company incentive or bonus program.
- ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Staff & Management