Trident Seafoods is seeking an outstanding Safety leader to oversee all shore side facilities. Shore plants include primary processing facilities in remote locations in Alaska, as well as value-added plants in Washington State, Georgia and Minnesota. Areas of responsibility will include leadership to achieve safety objectives, compliance with all applicable regulatory standards and development and improvement of safety systems, policies and programs that support Trident’s overall strategic business objectives.
- Provides leadership and direction to the shore plant safety organization by driving collaboration and teamwork across all functions. Partners with Trident leadership team to ensure the goal of “Zero Harm” is realized.
- Effectively interfaces with local governments, community and neighborhood associations.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and mitigates risks to human health and safety to the greatest extent possible.
- Leads corporate safety committee and assists in implementing facility safety committees.
- Develops and mentors a professional team of safety managers and advisors who will identify and implement best practices within their sphere of influence.
- Implements Trident wide safety protocols and establishes location metrics, analyzes results and guides the Trident team in appropriate actions required to facilitate a continuous improvement culture.
- In conjunction with Trident’ leadership team, undertakes responsibility and accountability of all strategic and tactical business decisions regarding safety. Implements plans to ensure a safety-first approach.
- Investigates incidents to find root causes and implements corrective and preventative measures.
- Works with business leaders and supervisors to monitor implementation of the safety management system and develops training programs.
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (Health, Safety, Environment, Industrial Hygiene or Engineering).
- Experience in managing multiple facilities in diverse/remote locations.
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing safety management systems, including collecting and analyzing safety data to identify trends, risks and mitigation opportunities across facilities.
- Minimum of 5 years Safety leadership and training experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with analytical and presentation software, dashboards, and other tools necessary to present clear, concise, actionable data to facility and corporate managers and executives.
- Experience working in a LEAN manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Suite of products and data management tools.
- Knowledge in applicable ANSI, EPA, OSHA Standards 29 CFR 1910 & 29 CFR 1926, and other applicable standards.
- Certified Instructor in CPR, First Aid, OSHA outreach programs
- Extensive knowledge of Fire Protection, Contractor Safety, Injury/Illness prevention, Electrical Safety, Hazardous Substances and Ergonomics.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- OSHA 500
Trident is an equal opportunity, drug free employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age and genetic information.
To apply, please follow the link below: