Intuitive Safety Solutions (ISS) is looking for ambitious, detail-oriented Senior-Level Health and Safety Professionals for our Seattle (Redmond) WA office location.
If you have ever read a company’s safety policies or programs and imagined ways to improve them, then this job is for you! We are building EHS programs for a progressive company that is growing quickly and constantly changing. Flexibility and adaptability are key.
The successful candidate will be a process and results driven, self-starting leader who enjoys the challenges of working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must also be detail oriented, with strong organizational skills, as well as exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
As an EHS Professional, you will be located at the client’s facility and work with their global EHS Management team to provide EHS services, solutions, programs, best practices and technical guidance to effectively and efficiently assure compliance with applicable EHS regulations and mitigate EHS risks.
ISS focuses on safety in all aspects of our operations, in the field, the office, and while traveling. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate an awareness of safe operations.
Essential Functions may include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the EHS Management Team with compliance management, training, communications, EHS engineering and design reviews as well as general project management and administration.
- Collaborating with the EHS Management Team to influence and manage EHS resources, projects and business decisions.
- Monitoring, revising and implementing ongoing updates in safety regulations, laws and reporting requirements.
- Conducting needs assessments for potential occupational exposures in research and development labs.
- Designing, supervising or conducting industrial hygiene monitoring plans.
- Conducting risk assessments, accident investigation and root cause analysis, environmental and IH-related sampling, health and safety auditing at client locations.
- Developing, writing, and implementing EHS programs and procedures to drive compliance and environmental performance for the high-tech and manufacturing industries. Areas of focus may include machine guarding, laser safety, and fall protection, among others.
- Collecting, measuring and analyzing regional and site EHS metrics and KPI performance to discover trends for continuous improvement and corrective measures.
- Provide resources to research and development teams on safety and health regulations and best practices during both the design phase and implementation phase of new products and testing or trial procedures.
- Developing, writing and, implementing EHS training modules. Experience with e-learning development would be beneficial.
- Developing, writing, implementing and executing environmental permit management and pollution prevention programs.
- Auditing internal programs and policies for compliance with applicable regulations.
- Managing external stakeholders, i.e. regulatory agency EHS activities, including reporting, on-site visits and inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, health and safety or relevant engineering fields.
- 10+ years of experience developing and implementing EHS management systems such as OSHA VPP, OSHAS 18001, and ISO 14001.
- CSP or CIH, or plans to attain certification in near future, is preferred
- Experience in applied international EHS compliance management, including regulatory and permitting.
- Must have a deep understanding of federal OSHA and EPA health & safety regulations in addition to state specific regulations and their applicability. Further understanding of NFPA, DOT (Hazmat) and ANSI is a plus.
- Exemplary organizational, written and verbal communication skills, a must.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments concurrently, including but not limited to, project management, compliance assurance, risk mitigation, injury prevention and environmental management.
- Ability to work independently, with an attention to details.
- Strong desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding setting.
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Potential employees must pass a company-paid background screen, drug-screen, and have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Salary will be based on experience. A living stipend may be offered for candidates who live outside of the area. ISS offers excellent benefits including paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
ISS is an EEO/AA Employer.
Please send resumes to Careers@iss-safe.com.