Regional Safety Manager – Seattle
Performance Contracting Group is one of the leading specialty contractors in the United States. Our employees are the lifeblood of our company. The foundation of our culture is truly living by our core values every day through our employee-owners. PCG’s key to success is developing and maintaining a strong performance-driven corporate culture that inspires our employees to achieve greatness.
PCG is seeking an experienced Regional Safety Manager for its Pacific Northwest operations based in Seattle, WA. This individual will work with the Manager, Corporate Safety and other Regional Safety Managers to provide leadership and direction on all Safety matters to assigned operations, branches and departments, including measuring and evaluation the effectiveness of the safety program and making and recommending modifications as needed to achieve established safety goals and objectives. This position works closely with appropriate operational departments in order to direct the application and administration of established corporate safety programs throughout the company. Serve as consultant to assigned regions and branches to establish plans to improve overall health and safety of each.
- Assist in the development and administration of programs, reports, and employee training workshops.
- Plan, organize, schedule and conduct assessments of branches, work areas, and equipment. Monitor site conditions, practices, and procedures for compliance with health and safety (OSHA)
- requirements and PCG.
- Research and become well-versed on emerging hazards/issues, communicate hazard control and loss information to management, supervision and employees through specialized training programs.
- Review accident investigations conducted by branch personnel for identification of accident causes and measures taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Attend and participate in professional and committee meetings related to health and safety issues. Serve as a principal source of information on health and safety issues.
- Protect the interest of the company and its employees as required by applicable regulatory agencies such as OSHA, MSHA, EPA, DOT, etc. with respect to applicable standards.
Performance Contracting Group, (PCG) its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. PCG does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, medical condition, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
- 4+ years Construction Safety experience.
- Strong working knowledge of construction operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate complex information to employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must have a great attitude and be team oriented.
- Ability to thoughtfully and positively influence, lead, and manage change.
- Strong working knowledge of DOT, L&I/OSHA, MSHA, EPA, and other relevant regulations and construction safety standards.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety and Health or related field preferred but not required.
- BCSP (CHST, ASP, CSP) or credentials a plus.
- Experience in the Scaffold, Abatement, and Demolition fields is preferred but not required.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Training experience is preferred.
- Willing to travel 60% of the time, this individual will be responsible for planning their travel schedule.
Performance Contracting Group has developed one of the most attractive and lucrative compensation systems within the construction industry. Our comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Incentive bonus plan
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with match
- Medical and dental insurance plans with flexible spending account option
- Life insurance, accidental death and disability benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy and paid holidays0