Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2018!
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are currently searching for a Safety Manager to be based in the Seattle, WA region.
Under the direction of the Corporate Health and Safety Director, the candidate for this Safety Manager position will primarily inspect and audit jobsites and equipment to ensure compliance with company, state, and federal safety policies and regulations. Qualified Candidate must possess knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Construction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Documenting Safety Audits/Inspections
- Citing dangerous areas/procedures
- Select and implement corrective action
- Follow-up to ensure proper action has been taken.
- Maintaining safety equipment supply and availability
- Tracking Employee Safety Training
- Assist in the mitigation of hazardous material incidents
- Records data and compiles it into statistical analyses and reports
- Participate in professional and committee meetings related to health and safety issues
- Serves as a principal source of information on health and safety issues
- Assists in the administration of programs, reports, and training and employee seminars
- Order Safety material and supplies
- Perform additional functions to health and safety activities
- Demonstrate safe work practices and avoid unsafe behaviors
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- You Have…
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience a must
- Familiar with Federal, State and WA L&I Regulations
- Air Monitoring measuring tool knowledge
- Overall knowledge of Seattle / Redmond area including major cities
- High school graduate required.
- AA or BA/BS or 3-5 years’ work experience
- OSHA 30 Hour General Industry certification preferred
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certification is a plus
- STS, STS-C, CHST, ASP, CSP is a plus
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.