Is your company looking for a qualified Safety Professional? Contact Brent Knight, CSP by email at email@example.com or by phone at (206) 755-1059 to have your opening posted here.
Recruiter – Please contact Brent Knight when posting is filled to have your post removed so we can keep only available positions active on the site. Thank You.
We are Farmers! Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Job Summary Responsible for overall account management aspects for large service oriented business; provides loss control expertise and support in the areas of marketing research, risk selection, and solicitation of desirable classes of business within the Zonal environment; provides technical recommendations regarding account selection and criteria for risk quality; works directly with customers and agents to retain accounts and improve results; may have lead responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions Provides service on large accounts (i.e. accounts with multiple locations or multiple operations); manages relationship with these a ccounts across Zones and determines corporate service needs; identifies loss trends. Coordinate and monitor delivery and costs of various services to accounts. Communicate information on accounts to all locations, inc luding corporate office. Develops report formats/loss control tools appropriate for account; prepares and communicates comprehensive account information to insured corporate level and management team. Helps develop service intensive groups. Designs, develops, organizes and conducts training and staff development programs for internal and external customers. Attends and participates in business meetings. Participates in joint calls with underwriting to agents and customers. Completes research and support for programs from HO as requested. Acts as resource for other staff members. Perform other functions as assigned.
Physical Actions Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
Physical Environment This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions. Some exposure to some or all of the following when visiting accounts: uncontrolled outside environmental conditions, excessive noise levels, chemicals, moving mechanical parts, areas considered to be dangerous, conditions which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, gases, oils or poor ventilation.
Education Requirements BS in Occupational Safety or an Engineering discipline is preferred. HS Diploma required.
Experience Requirements 7-10 years loss control or risk management experience required. Minimum of 2 years insurance experience and insurance coverage knowledge preferred. CSP and ARM preferred. Working knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, DOT and building codes is preferred.
Special Skill Requirement Strong verbal communication and listening skills. Ability to communicate abstract ideas to agents, customers, underwriters, district managers, state executives and all other levels of leadership. Possesses strong technical aptitude. Working knowledge of software application programs for service-oriented account management. Proficient in application of engineering and science technology relating to surveys and underwriting concerns. Experience in a regulated environment. Competent in applicable local, state and federal codes and standards; (i.e., fire, building, OSHA, life safety, Product Safety Commission, etc.). Effective interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong customer relationships. Effective negotiation skills.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 01/14/2021
Job ID: 1232740 | Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Amazon Fulfillment is seeking a full-time WHS Specialist (WHSS) to serve as a designated for their assigned fulfillment center (FC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Amazon Global Program as directed by the leadership. The WHSS promotes a positive culture while complying with Amazon standards and maintaining a safe work environment. This includes conducting trainings and coaching associates on observed work habits.
The WHSS is required to maintain accurate, weekly, and monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems. The WHSS supports management’s efforts to ensure compliance with all corporate Program expectations and applicable federal & state laws. The WHSS also conducts assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. In addition, the WHSS is responsible for recommending appropriate mitigation measures to management, including ergonomics.
*Relocation assistance is not provided*
· Identify and inform management of compliance issues, risks, and improvement opportunities through the conduct of , weekly, and monthly audits
· Facilitate investigation process
· Maintain required paperwork to comply with Amazon and OSHA regulations
· Enter Information in internal database in a timely manner
· Perform observations & audits
· Train and assist others (Area Managers, team members, etc.) to complete their responsibilities (Audits, Follow Rules, etc.)
· Perform specific training as required by the Manager
· May have additional responsibility for fire prevention, hazardous waste management, or other related activities depending on the business unit and location
· Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Ability to communicate and needs to all levels of the organization
· Calm demeanor in situations
· Minimum of 1 years in an Environmental & (EHS) related field or bachelor’s degree in related field
· Knowledge of OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910
· Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel in a professional capacity · Experience maintaining confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues in the work place
· Available to work flexible shifts including days, nights and/or weekends
· Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a related field
· Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment, and customer focus skills
· Experience leading and managing a team Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential concerns and conduct job hazard and job analyses
· Experienced in response and currently holds and certificates Experience in Worker’s case management
· Passion for
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.