Corp/Legal/Risk and Safety
Reporting Manager Title:
Sr. Manager, EH&S
Travel Required? (Yes / No):
Direct Reports? (Yes / No):
Position Summary Details
Enter the summary description for this position below:
The Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Manager’s mission is to promote a strong safety culture and healthy work environment. As a subject matter expert, this is an integral position within the organization responsible for developing and implementing safety programs, enforcing policies, and conducting training, inspections, audits, and job safety analysis in order to ensure compliance with the ABM Safety Program, as well as local, state, and federal regulatory agencies. Through partnerships with Operations and other stakeholders, this role is heavily engaged in efforts to reduce the number and severity of injuries as well as AL/GL claims. The EH&S Manager is also responsible for driving process improvements through statistical analysis of injury data to identify and address the root cause of injuries. The role is field focused, spending time at ABM client sites providing support to management, supervisors and employees, and working together with other stakeholders to promote safety initiatives with the goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Enter the essential functions, duties & responsibilities of position below:
· Support the execution of injury prevention efforts that focus on addressing unsafe behaviors and establishing safety as a core value within all ABM employees.
· Conduct regularly scheduled safety audits, risk assessments, inspections, training and meetings to determine the effectiveness of safety and accident prevention activities.
· Maintain knowledge of federal, state and local safety, health and environmental regulations, and possess the ability to evaluate, document and report on compliance with policies, procedures, rules and regulations to ensure operational compliance.
· Support the creation of media to transfer knowledge of safe work practices, effective safety methods and processes, and regulatory compliance requirements.
· Communicate with Operations regarding safety activities, safety initiatives, employee training, program and regulatory compliance requirements.
· Assist in the management of third-party safety verification organizations’ document and data requirements to ensure qualification for new account bids and continuation of existing accounts.
· Support the development and implementation of various data systems to collect and report compliance status to management; providing technical support for implemented technologies to the field to assist in their adoption.
· Conduct accident investigations. Identify root causes and recommend corrective/preventive actions.
· Maintain compliance with all OSHA Recordkeeping requirements.
· Lead regularly scheduled safety audits, risk assessments, inspections, training and meetings to determine the effectiveness of safety and accident prevention activities.
Scope Factors (i.e. Revenue Scope, Assets Scope, Budget Scope, Profit/Loss Scope, Supervisory Scope)
Enter any scope factors that are applicable to this position below:
· Actively partner with Ops and provide needed support, including 24/7 “on-call” response.
· Position does not supervise others but is expected to influence senior and front-line operations leaders
· No revenue or budget responsibility
Qualifications – Education & Experience
Enter required and preferred educational requirements and prior work experience requirements to perform this position below:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or EH&S related degree is preferred.
· Requires 7 years progressively responsible positions in the field of Safety and Risk Management.
Qualifications – Other Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
Enter required and preferred skills, abilities and knowledge requirements to perform this position below:
· Ability to influence leadership and front line Team Members
· Ability to effectively support a large multi-site workforce.
· Effective collaborator
· Demonstrates accountability in completing tasks and assignments on time, and at a high level
· Can develop strong relationships with Operators through partnership and being customer focused
· Acts with urgency, and can pivot quickly to address emerging issues and priorities
· In-depth knowledge of and experience with federal and state regulations pertaining to Health and Safety (OSHA),
· Working knowledge of Environmental, DOT and Public Health regulations.
· Ability to compile technical data, prepare technical and analytical reports and presentations, and be able to speak effectively to them in front of a wide range of audiences.
· Ability to develop and conduct effective health, safety and environmental training programs and meetings.
· Skilled in project management, problem-solving techniques and communicating ideas and instructions clearly.
· Skilled in directing activities and operations of others, including activities involving hazardous situations.
· Self-driven, with the ability to work both independently, and with large groups.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
Qualifications – License(s) & Language(s)
Enter required and preferred licenses and/or language skills required to perform this position below:
· Board of Certified Safety Professional certifications (CSP, ASP, OHST, SMS) are preferred.
Working Environment and Travel Requirements
Enter a description of the working environment and travel requirements (if any) below:
· Position works from assigned ABM Office locations, at client sites and/or from home
· 25% travel out of the area
To Apply: https://abm.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/60325