First and foremost, thank you to everyone for a very successful 2018-2019 ASSP Chapter year in Western Washington. Without our strong leadership volunteers, and engaged chapter members, we would not have been able to enjoy our successes over the last year.
Here are some of the highlights of an amazing 75th year in Puget Sound ASSP history:
- We grew our chapter by 11%, maintaining status as the largest chapter in Region I.
- We enjoyed some of the highest attendance at our chapter meetings and Professional Development Conference (PDC)
- We teamed-up with Evergreen Safety Council to offer streaming of meetings to secondary locations (Bellevue)
- We ensured financial backing for PDC speakers to expand and guarantee our chapter’s event will flourish
- We held our first volunteer charity event as a chapter, partnering with Food Lifeline.
- We achieved Platinum status, societies highest honor.
Whew…what a year! But as we celebrate our successes, we must also maintain focus on continual improvement and harness the momentum we have gained. The Puget Sound volunteer leadership group will convene at the beginning of August to start outlining next year’s goals and events, with continued focus on membership growth and value.
Once again, a personal thank you to all of our valued chapter members for last year, and a welcome to the 2019-2020 Chapter year.
I hope to see everyone on September 18th for our first technical meeting and chapter year kick-off.
Justin Molocznik MS CSP CHST