Is your company looking for a qualified Safety Professional? Contact Brent Knight, CSP by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (206) 755-1059 to have your opening posted here.
Recruiter – Please contact Brent Knight when posting is filled to have your post removed so we can keep only available positions active on the site. Thank You.
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Safety Manager’s mission is to promote a strong safety culture and healthy work environment. As a subject matter expert, this is an integral position within the organization responsible for developing and implementing safety programs, enforcing policies, and conducting training, inspections, audits, and job safety analysis in order to ensure compliance with the ABM Safety Program, as well as local, state, and federal regulatory agencies. Through partnerships with Operations and other stakeholders, this role is heavily engaged in efforts to reduce the number and severity of injuries as well as AL/GL claims.
The Safety Manager is also responsible for driving process improvements through statistical analysis of injury data to identify and address the root cause of injuries. The role is field focused, spending time at ABM client sites providing support to management, supervisors and employees, and working together with other stakeholders to promote safety initiatives with the goal of zero accidents and injuries
- Support the execution of injury prevention efforts that focus on addressing unsafe behaviors and establishing safety as a core value within all ABM employees.
- Conduct regularly scheduled safety audits, risk assessments, inspections, training and meetings to determine the effectiveness of safety and accident prevention activities.
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state and local safety, health and environmental regulations, and possess the ability to evaluate, document and report on compliance with policies, procedures, rules and regulations to ensure operational compliance.
- Support the creation of media to transfer knowledge of safe work practices, effective safety methods and processes, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Communicate with Operations regarding safety activities, safety initiatives, employee training, program and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Assist in the management of third-party safety verification organizations’ document and data requirements to ensure qualification for new account bids and continuation of existing accounts.
- Support the development and implementation of various data systems to collect and report compliance status to management; providing technical support for implemented technologies to the field to assist in their adoption.
- Conduct accident investigations. Identify root causes and recommend corrective/preventive actions.
- Maintain compliance with all OSHA Recordkeeping requirements.
- Lead regularly scheduled safety audits, risk assessments, inspections, training and meetings to determine the effectiveness of safety and accident prevention activities.
- Actively partner with Ops and provide needed support, including 24/7 “on-call” response.
- Position does not supervise others but is expected to influence senior and front-line operations leaders
- No revenue or budget responsibility
Education, Required Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or EH&S related degree is preferred.
- Requires 7 years progressively responsible positions in the field of Safety and Risk Management.
- Ability to influence leadership and front line Team Members
- Ability to effectively support a large multi-site workforce.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with federal and state regulations pertaining to Health and Safety (OSHA),
- Working knowledge of Environmental, DOT and Public Health regulations.
- Ability to compile technical data, prepare technical and analytical reports and presentations, and be able to speak effectively to them in front of a wide range of audiences.
- Skilled in directing activities and operations of others, including activities involving hazardous situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
Apply at https://abm.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/61371
Clark Construction, Washington State Trade and Convention Center Project, Seattle, WA > $500M+ Construction Project
The Senior Safety Manager works to ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, and the general public on the project. The Sr. Safety Manager is responsible for enforcing Clark’s Safety and Health Policy as well as local and federal safety standards on jobsites. In addition, this position is responsible for conducting employee safety training and consults with project supervisors to develop safe work plans for all phases and tasks. Successful candidates will exemplify safety as a value.
- Oversee and ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, and the general public.
- Enforce corporate and project specific safety and health programs as well as federal, state, and local safety standards.
- Assist in development and coordination of project specific safety program.
- Identify known/potential exposures and recommend corrective action.
- Report project specific safety performance and future plans.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement overall project specific safety program
- Work closely with field supervision to plan more complex safety aspects of the project construction including critical lifts, hazardous material handling, etc.
- Develop project specific safety training for jobsite personnel including subcontractors.
- Coordinate third party safety reviews including OSHA.
- Undergraduate degree in safety and health or related discipline
- 7+ years relevant construction safety experience.
- BCSP Construction Health Safety Technician (CHST) Required
- OSHA 30-hour training
- BCSP Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence supervisors, peers, and external partners.
- Proof of training/competency in managing crane, fall protection, excavation, scaffolds, and heavy equipment safety.
For more information – please contact Devin Caringella (see below)
Devin CaringellaSafety Director | Western Region
CLARK CONSTRUCTION GROUP – CALIFORNIA, LP
m. (714) 732-9843 | o. (714) 427-2882
- Company:Job ID:00000236365
- Date Posted:2021-02-19-08:00
- Location:USA – Auburn, WA, USA – Charleston, SC, USA – San Antonio, TX, USA – St. Louis City, MO
- Job Description Summary:Serves under supervision for a specified period within the occupation and skill area that directly relates to their college business degree.Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
- Export Control Requirement:Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
- Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
- Job Description Qualifications:Boeing has shaped the course of human history through aerospace innovations. Today, because of our amazing people and powerful technologies, our products connect the globe, protect freedom, and advance scientific discovery around the world. From the depths of the ocean, to Mars and beyond, we’re inspiring the next century of explorers – we invite you to join us on the journey ahead!As an intern at Boeing, you’ll gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing things.
Over the course of our 10-12 week internship experience you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of Boeing
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industryThe Environment, Health, and Safety organization at Boeing delivers safer, healthier, and more sustainable solutions to our business partners and employees. Industrial hygienists play a key role in executing this strategy. At The Boeing Company, industrial hygienists play a critical role in ensuring our many varied workspaces are safe. Innovation is always welcome! In this role, you will be up close to our amazing products and have the opportunity to apply your industrial hygiene skills.
- These positions must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Employer not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during Summer 2021
- Currently an enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date on or after August 2021
- Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Majoring in: Industrial Hygiene, Chemistry, Safety, or Biology
- Strong academic performance (GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Previous internships or work experience and/or involvement with student or civic organizations
- Passion for the aerospace industry and interest and enthusiasm for a career with Boeing
- Current Junior or higher class standing as of May 2021
- The ability to relocate and work onsite
- Preferred skills: Computing skills (Microsoft Office Suite), ability to quickly adapt to schedule changes, equipment calibration, regulatory knowledge, presentation skills, data analysis and organization, and other related skills
- Relocation:Some of these positions offer relocation based on eligibility.
- Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- Shift:First ShiftApplicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.Colorado summary pay range: Min: $32,000 – Max: $48,000
- Experience Level:Individual Contributor – A
- Job Type:Intern (Seasonal)
- Job Code:UAMRIA-SR (UB3)
- Equal Employment Opportunity:Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud – Recruitment Fraud WarningBoeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Request an Accommodation – Requesting Interview Accommodations
- Applicant Privacy – Applicant Privacy
- EEO is the law Poster – EEO is the law
- Boeing Policy on EEO – Boeing EEO Policy
- Affirmative Action and Harassment – Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment Boeing Participates in E – Verify